The Common Database Framework is a Scala library that allows developers to store application data in an embedded relational database. It simplifies creation, opening, migrating to updated schemas, data access, and transaction handling. It mixes the H2 database engine with Spring-JDBC, in a type-safe style.
- License: Apache License v2
- Documentation: Framework User Guide [PDF]
- Change history: change history.
- Current release: 0.1.1 for Scala 2.10
- Release announcements:
- Release schedule: The framework is released as part of the DevZendo.org release schedule which allows for 8 releases per year.
- Availability: This is available from the Central Maven Repository
- Source code: Mercurial source repository, hosted on Bitbucket
- Contact: there is no mailing list at the moment, please use the contact us page, or follow/tweet to us on Twitter.
The framework is built from many fine Open Source / Free Software components:
- The Scala Programming Language
- H2 Database Engine
- Spring Framework
- The Simple Logging Framework for Java
- Apache Commons-Lang
We also make use of the following tools: